Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Port-a-cath

Wow! Hard to believe it is Friday again.  I finally got my more permanent vein access on Wednesday. It's called a port-a-cath and is surgically implanted into my chest. The procedure was horrific. They kept trying to make me comfortable with drugs but my body has become so accustomed to them that they were not effective in pain management. It was a pretty horrible experience and I'm glad it is over.According to the doctor, it will be somewhat painful for the first few days but will be worth it. The benefit is that I don't have IV tubing coming out of a small hole in either of my arms or chest, thereby, reducing the chance of infection. Also, once the incision where they put it in is healed, I am free to shower, swim, jacuzzi, whatever!! Yay!
I want to thank those of you that have kept me in your thoughts and prayers. It feels so good to know that I am not completely alone and that people care.
Still getting IV fluids every day but I am off of chemo for the next 2 weeks and then back on May 7th. I am going to try and spend that time finding someone who can clean my floors and bathrooms once a week until I finish chemotherapy.  It is just too much for me to handle. I have tried maid agencies but none service my area, so if anyone knows anyone near Kings Mountain, please let me know.
Love to all and remember to Cherish Every Moment! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment