Followers

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh what a night....

   No, not that kind of night. Although that sounds pretty good! My night consisted of waking and not knowing where I was, attempting to get out of bed and go somewhere, anywhere, that might seem familiar and in the process of doing this, falling flat on my face. Good thing Jim was there, right? Wrong! I will share with you a piece of personal information...I sleep in the master bedroom and Jim sleeps in the guest room...every night. Basically, it's because he snores. Now, snoring might not be the appropriate term for what happens while he sleeps.  It is so loud that it actually causes vibrations through the pillows! I have been known to snore some too. I love him and miss sleeping with him but neither of us would get much sleep together. I tell you this only to explain why my husband was not there with me to help me figure out where the hell I was. And, then, lying there on the floor, I have an epiphany! I can text him to come help me! I figure wherever I am, he will be able to tell me my location. Sort of like a husband GPS or a JimJim (TomTom). I laid there, on the floor, for about 10 minutes waiting for my knight in shining armor. Nothing. So I start feeling around to reaquaint myself to my surroundings. And lo and behold I realize I am in my own bedroom! Thank God!  I carefully get up and make my way to the bathroom. It is then that my knight arrives and asks, "Did you text me?"  I burst out laughing and told him yes but I am fine now. I get back in bed and explain to him what happens and he comes and gets in the bed next to me and holds me for awhile. I have got to be the luckiest person in this world. To be loved by someone so much.
  Long story short.....hehe....the new medicines that the pain doctors have prescribed are helping with the pain but now I just can't remember where the heck I am!!! Cherish Every Moment my friends! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. One of the problems with being a lurker is that you rarely know I was even here. So I am making a little sound so you know I am here.

    I am here in your corner of the ring watching you slug this fight out. Often taking a punch but sometimes giving a good one right back. I rarely pray but find myself muttering something awkward hoping the big guy hears. I also find my own courage and inspiration sometimes from watching you get hit, shaking it off, and with a sly smile getting back up to do it all again.

    I think you are brave and beautiful and lucky to have such a supportive family to pick you up of the floor when you need it. You keep up the good fight and I will learn from you how to cherish every moment.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete