Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Quiet day....so nice.

  What a nice day it has been. No appointments except for the visiting nurse to change the dressing on my PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter). A peripherally inserted central catheter is a form of IV access. The catheter is inserted in a vein usually located in the arm with the catheter tip terminating in a large vein close to the heart. This is how my fluids, usually normal saline, get into my body to help keep me from getting dehydrated. It is always in my arm and can stay there for many months. Showering is difficult and I have to be careful with it but it is basically the only thing keeping me out of the hospital! So I love it. I am living on that and chocolate flavored Boost! Sometimes I throw a strawberry flavored one in there to shake things up a bit.
  I hope everyone has had a pleasant Monday. I see the doctor tomorrow to have my lab work done and a whole bunch of touchy feely stuff done. Fun. Give an update tomorrow.
  Cherish Every Moment. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment